FIRST AND FOREMOST:
Please register your judges! We are looking very low on judges for NSDA Speech & Debate, but my hope is that it's largely because people just haven't put them into the Google Form yet. All things judges can be found HERE. You can view obligations and other important details HERE and you can see what the Judges Committee (Cara and Molly) have on record for your school HERE.
Our district is still in need of fills in the following events:
- 5 entries in HI will get us to a THIRD QUALIFIER
- 7 entries in INFO will get us to a THIRD QUALIFIER
We're rapidly approaching some major deadlines, so I thought I would send a quick list of reminders:
DUE NEXT WEDNESDAY (MARCH 1ST, 2017)
- Student of the Year Nominations
- Mary D. Ross Scholarship Applications
- Alumni Achievement Award Nominations
- Communicator of the Year Nominations
- Principal of the Year Nominations
- Volunteer of the Year Nominations
- Online Registration Closes!
DUE "THURSDAY, MARCH 2ND, 2017"
I'll send full turn in instructions on February 27th, but to summarize: Technically the NSDA requires that the District Chair have Green Sheets and SELOIs 7 days prior to the start of the tournament, which would be March 2nd. However, many of us will be at Parkway South for MSHSAA Districts on March 3rd and 4th. Turning them in then is fine -- I'm not even going to start looking at them until Sunday. If you won't be at Parkway South, I'll need high quality scans emailed to me.
- NSDA Speech & Debate Green Sheets (generated from Joy of Tournaments)
- Single Entry Letters of Intent for all students entered in multiple events.
DUE MONDAY, MARCH 6TH, 2017
DUE TUESDAY, MARCH 7TH, 2017
DUE UPON ON-SITE REGISTRATION (March 9th or 10th)
I'll send more updates about these to the affected coaches... but this is just a blanket reminder.
- Oratory Packets
- Informative Packets
- Oral Interpretation Packets
- Coach Contact Information (for our mass communication system)
MARCH 12TH - 16TH, 2017
- Application window for WORLD SCHOOLS DEBATE. The info is now on the Eastern Missouri NSDA website HERE. The applications will be posted soon (I have to get my district to put Adobe Acrobat Pro back on my computer) -- but none will be accepted until after the end of the NSDA Speech and Debate District Tournament. Huge thanks to the awesome Ad Hoc committee who established this selection process!
Thank you all!